Level 3 felonies are among the most serious offenses that one can be charged within the state of Indiana. While less severe than Level 1 and Level 2 felonies, the penalties and consequences involved are no less devastating. A conviction for a level 3 felony in Indiana can result in long-term imprisonment, hefty fines, and damage to one’s reputation and future prospects.
If you are facing charges for a Level 3 felony in Indiana, you need to seek professional legal assistance promptly as this can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. An attorney will work diligently to protect your rights, explore all viable defense strategies, and fight hard to ensure the best possible outcome in your case.
At Verdelski Miller, we understand the impact a felony conviction can have on the rest of your life. That’s why we are committed to helping you avoid it. We know and have what it takes to a secure a reduction or outright dismissal of the Level 3 Felony charges against you or even a non-guilty verdict.
Get in touch with our capable team at 812-842-0998 for the best legal defense.
Crimes Within Level 3 Felonies in the State of Indiana
Aggravated battery is a Level 3 felony in Indiana. It is defined as knowingly or intentionally inflicting injury on a person in a way that causes serious permanent disfigurement or loss or impairment of a bodily function or significant risk of death.
Any battery involving the use of a deadly weapon that demonstrates the intent to cause serious bodily harm is classified as a level 3 felony. The penalties for aggravated battery as a Level 3 felony in Indiana include imprisonment for a term of 3 to 16 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
In the state of Indiana, kidnapping is defined as knowingly or intentionally removing another person, by enticement, fraud, threat of force, or physical force, from one place to another without their consent and holding them in captivity. It is classified at various felony levels depending on the specific circumstances and aggravating factors involved in the offense.
- If the offense is committed without any aggravating factors, kidnapping is classified as a level 6 felony.
- It is classified as a level 5 felony in Indiana if it is committed by using a vehicle, if the person removed is less than 14 years of age and is not the removing person’s child, or if it results in bodily injury to a person other than the removing person.
- It is classified as a Level 4 felony if it causes moderate bodily harm to a person who’s not the removing person
- It is classified as a Level 3 felony if it results in serious bodily injury to a person other than the removing person, or involves the use of a deadly weapon, or is committed on an aircraft.
- It is classified as a Level 2 felony if it is committed with the intention of obtaining ransom, while committing a motor vehicle hijack, with the intention of securing the release or aid in the escape of an individual from lawful incarceration, or with the intention of using the person removed as a hostage or shield.
If convicted of kidnapping as a Level 3 felony in Indiana, you can face imprisonment for a term of 3 to 16 years and a fine of up to $10,000. For a level 6 felony conviction, you can face imprisonment for a term of up to 2.5 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
Rape is a serious sexual assault crime involving non-consensual sexual intercourse with another person. In Indiana, rape is classified as a Level 3 felony if the offense is committed without the use of deadly force and the victim is 14 years of age or above.
If the offense is committed by using or threatening the use of deadly force, or if the victim is less than 14 years old, it is elevated to a Level 1 felony. If convicted of rape as a Level 3 felony in Indiana, you can face imprisonment for a term ranging from 3 to 16 years and a fine of up to $10,000. If convicted of rape as a Level 1 felony, the accused can face imprisonment for a term ranging from 20 to 40 years.
Get In Touch With An Experienced Indiana Level 3 Felony Defense Lawyer Today!
Facing a charge(s) for a level 3 felony is a very serious legal matter that can have substantial consequences for your freedom and future. The prospect of serving a lengthy prison sentence, incurring hefty fines, losing personal freedoms, and harming your overall future is something that you definitely want to avoid.
Hiring an experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyer is your best move when it comes to fighting your level 3 felony charges.
At Verdelski Miller, we specialize in handling criminal cases and are prepared to help protect your freedom and future. Don’t hesitate to call us at 812-842-0998 for the best legal defense against your level 3 felony Indiana charges.